The Good Practice Guide to Therapeutic Activities with Older People in Care Settings by Tessa Perrin
There are many activity manuals on the market today but this publication is the first to offer a clear guideline on exactly what constitutes good practice in activity provision.
Written by the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA), a charity whose remit is to set standards and disseminate knowledge of good practice in activity provision and to support activity providers who work in care settings for older people, this guide offers:
• A model of good practice in one concise volume
• A benchmark against which activity providers can measure and evaluate their practice
• Clear links to current national standards
• Guidance for care home owners and managers who wish to respond to the recent government initiatives on providing activities for their clients
• A call for clinical governance in the emerging 'profession' of activity provision.
• The research
• The development
• The changing activity culture
• The individual goal plan
• Education and staff development
• Obtaining specialist help
Expert d.o.o., Hrastje 216, 4000 Kranj, Slovenija
Tel: 04/2323-116 Faks:04/2335-139